6 quick ways to be happy
Happiness sure seems to be a hot topic these days—come to think of it I guess it always has been. Since publishing Back From Heaven’s Front Porch, 5 Principles for Creating a Happy and Fulfilling Life I have discussed this topic of happiness a great deal. I’m a fan of Albert Schweitzer, the Nobel Prize winning “doer of good deeds”. If you’ve never read about him I strongly suggest you do so here… Albert Schweitzer.
Recently, our son and I are were touring Chapman University in Orange County, CA and I noticed many busts of famous people along the campus walkways with wonderful quotations beneath them. The one that I spent the most time with was Schweitzer’s.
So I offer you six ways to generate some happiness in your life:
- Imagine something really good that’s going to happen in the future
- Write down three people you are thankful that are in your life…and why?
- Visit one of your favorite places
- Create a few minutes in a quiet place and be still…and connect to that something bigger than us
- Watch one of your favorite and funniest movie scenes
- Do something nice for someone you don’t even know…
Because as Albert Schweitzer said…
”I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.”